Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Love Courageously Challenge - Day Four (Courageous Love is Kind)
Courageous love is kind. We speak of being kind to strangers. We speak of being kind to our neighbors and our friends. We speak of being kind to our spouses. We speak of disciplining our children.
Let's make it a point today, and for the rest of this challenge, to show out-of-the-way kindness to these little human beings we get to share our lives with. Kindness begets kindness, and I believe you just may find at the end of this challenge that your kids are kinder, too.
Ideas to show out-of-the-way kindness:
1. Do a chore for them. Make their bed and then top if off with a little love note.
2. Write on their bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. "You're so loved!"
3. Put away all distractions for an hour and just play.
4. Visit your child at school and have lunch together.
5. Plan a special date with your little one.
6. Make heart-shaped pancakes or sandwiches.
7. Stick a love note in your child's lunch, or even a small balloon with a message written on it.
8. Give your child an extra-long hug and one extra story at bedtime.
9. Make a coupon book redeemable for such lovely gifts as 1 ice cream cone, stay up 30 minutes past bedtime, or you choose the movie for movie night.
10. It doesn't have to be a birthday to order a cake. Celebrate your child with a cake that just says "I love you!" String up balloons and everything!
For 100 more ways to show kindness to your child, check out this great post.
Bonus: Do one for your partner, too!
Join me tomorrow for "Courageous Love is Attentive."
Read the post that inspired the Love Courageously challenge.
If you'd like a wearable daily reminder, pick up a Love Courageously reminder band in my shop (available in the US only, free shipping). *limited number available*
The "I CHOOSE LOVE" bracelets you requested have been ordered! You can preorder yours now in red or purple, debossed with white lettering (available in the US only, free shipping).
Order my bestselling book for more ways to embrace love.
This manifesto is a beautiful declaration of your intentions as a positive parent. High Quality Downloadable PDF Print. Get it here.
Posted by Rebecca